I have owned leather furniture for well over twenty years. We have a leather sofa that lasted though five teenage children. After the last child was out on her own we decided to purchase new sofas for the living room. We went to the local furniture store and ordered two Lane sofas. Since these sofas are in the living room and not the den they are seldom used, we were surprised that after one Christmas they began to peel, not just at the stitching all over. It appears it was a flaw in the tanning process. After sending photos to the manufacture their response was the material only carries a one year warranty. I do own several other pieces of leather furniture from Lane some of which is 17 years old but rest assured I will never buy another. I have learned they like to sell it but don't expect them to stand behind it if something goes wrong.
They sold furniture with bad "batch" material, I spoke with salesman at the local furniture store who told me I was not the only one. It appears there are others having trouble with their Lane leather products.
Too bad there is not a way I could share a couple photos, you would really be shocked.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Sofas
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "We purchase a leather sofa quite some time ago. We didn't "love" it but we owned it. It was miserably uncomfortable.2 weeks ago we were moving it and happened to..."
- "I order two Lane Benson faux leather loveseats, through Sofas & Sectionals in October 2013. Have taken exceptional care of these items. Followed the cleaning instructions as provided in the..."
- "I placed an order from Avenue.com on October 7th and when I received it, one of the sandals was missing a stone. I returned the sandals and waiting 2..."
- "Purchased the Gardenia Queen Bed, Dresser, and nightstand on Labor Day 2015. Was delivered yesterday, 9-14-15, with the dresser and nightstand BROKEN. Drivers handed me a customer service business card..."
- "I was shocked when I bought two of the Publix brand yogurt last week. They were on sale and I love blackberries, and the picture got my attention. I said..."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "My son and family have a PMB box in this UPS store. For 3 years, my grandchildren NEVER get their cards I send to them. Gift cards, checks, once cash,..."