I have owned leather furniture for well over twenty years. We have a leather sofa that lasted though five teenage children. After the last child was out on her own we decided to purchase new sofas for the living room. We went to the local furniture store and ordered two Lane sofas. Since these sofas are in the living room and not the den they are seldom used, we were surprised that after one Christmas they began to peel, not just at the stitching all over. It appears it was a flaw in the tanning process. After sending photos to the manufacture their response was the material only carries a one year warranty. I do own several other pieces of leather furniture from Lane some of which is 17 years old but rest assured I will never buy another. I have learned they like to sell it but don't expect them to stand behind it if something goes wrong.
They sold furniture with bad "batch" material, I spoke with salesman at the local furniture store who told me I was not the only one. It appears there are others having trouble with their Lane leather products.
Too bad there is not a way I could share a couple photos, you would really be shocked.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Sofas
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Our sofa, which was never placed in direct sunlight, no pets perch on the back of this sofa, has started to flake. We called Lane and they said, "Sorry,..."
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "Purchased the Gardenia Queen Bed, Dresser, and nightstand on Labor Day 2015. Was delivered yesterday, 9-14-15, with the dresser and nightstand BROKEN. Drivers handed me a customer service business card..."
- "I purchased a sectional 3pc on 2/5/13 and it has given u oorblems ever since. The store replaced on section at first and we still have issues. The material..."
- "I placed an order from Avenue.com on October 7th and when I received it, one of the sandals was missing a stone. I returned the sandals and waiting 2..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."