Aiken, South Carolina

I have owned leather furniture for well over twenty years. We have a leather sofa that lasted though five teenage children. After the last child was out on her own we decided to purchase new sofas for the living room. We went to the local furniture store and ordered two Lane sofas. Since these sofas are in the living room and not the den they are seldom used, we were surprised that after one Christmas they began to peel, not just at the stitching all over. It appears it was a flaw in the tanning process. After sending photos to the manufacture their response was the material only carries a one year warranty. I do own several other pieces of leather furniture from Lane some of which is 17 years old but rest assured I will never buy another. I have learned they like to sell it but don't expect them to stand behind it if something goes wrong.

Related: Lane Furniture - Lane Tucker Fabric Set

They sold furniture with bad "batch" material, I spoke with salesman at the local furniture store who told me I was not the only one. It appears there are others having trouble with their Lane leather products.

Too bad there is not a way I could share a couple photos, you would really be shocked.

Review about: Leather Sofas.

Review #200924 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lane Furniture Sofa
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1800
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Lane Furniture?

Comments

Santa Clarita, California, United States #1192489

This is not real leather, it is bonded leather which is mostly polyester coated with a very thin polyurethane/plastic.The plastic coating is what is peeling off.

Whatever part of it is leather, it is not in the form of a hide. It is a very small percentage of leather particles which have been shredded, pressed together and reassembled as a fabric.

This is so that they can make cheap sofas in China and the retailers can still say it is leather.Essentially they lie every time they tell you it is leather because it's not the leather you know and love.

Never written a review before
Spring Lake, Michigan, United States #747493

I have had the same problem! I've never actually written a review before, but felt compelled to do so now that we are out $3,000. We purchased a leather sectional from Art Van that has held up for 17 years with no issues at all. Then, we purchased a huuuuge Lane leather sectional from Yonkers in Michigan and the leather is peeling. The leather is espresso brown and then color underneath is puke orange. It doesn't look like it is aging at all, which we could have accepted. I actually like the aged, weathered look on leather when it is due to normal wear and tear.

But there are huge sections of the leather that are simply falling off, revealing the unattractive orange color beneath. Lane only covers other leather issues, not peeling. So, if yours starts to peel for whatever reason, it's your problem.

Yonkers would not do anything about it either, even though that's the retailer that sold it to us. Lane won't do anything as well. We will not buy another leather piece of furniture again...certainly not Lane and not from Yonkers!

random
#199512

body oils look where its at

Shirley
to random Elkton, Maryland, United States #876747

If it the body oils, then why isn't the back of the sofa peeling?

random