I have owned leather furniture for well over twenty years. We have a leather sofa that lasted though five teenage children. After the last child was out on her own we decided to purchase new sofas for the living room. We went to the local furniture store and ordered two Lane sofas. Since these sofas are in the living room and not the den they are seldom used, we were surprised that after one Christmas they began to peel, not just at the stitching all over. It appears it was a flaw in the tanning process. After sending photos to the manufacture their response was the material only carries a one year warranty. I do own several other pieces of leather furniture from Lane some of which is 17 years old but rest assured I will never buy another. I have learned they like to sell it but don't expect them to stand behind it if something goes wrong.
They sold furniture with bad "batch" material, I spoke with salesman at the local furniture store who told me I was not the only one. It appears there are others having trouble with their Lane leather products.
Too bad there is not a way I could share a couple photos, you would really be shocked.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Sofas
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "After 18 months of owning this Lane sectional the material started cracking in a couple spots. (refer to pic “after 18 months”). After about 2 years the material has..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I purchased a sectional 3pc on 2/5/13 and it has given u oorblems ever since. The store replaced on section at first and we still have issues. The material..."
- "I placed an order from Avenue.com on October 7th and when I received it, one of the sandals was missing a stone. I returned the sandals and waiting 2..."
- "I was shocked when I bought two of the Publix brand yogurt last week. They were on sale and I love blackberries, and the picture got my attention. I said..."