I paid $900 ( sale price!) for a very nice recliner.Just under 1 year, it broke.

I contacted the store we bought it from, because it was UNDER WARRANTY and they ignored my calls, never returned calls, and I got no where. I called Lane direct and was told that I'd have to contact the store. I got no where, so I now have a "recliner" that doesn't recline. I hate to put it in the dumpster, at $900 and practically brand new!

VERY disappointed in Lane, and will never shop that furniture store again either!They can't even tell me where I can go to get it fixed at my own expense !!

Review about: Lane Furniture Recliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: i want my chair fixed! .

I liked: Looks and comfort of the chair.

I didn't like: Company unwilling to take corrective action for inferior product.

Had an Experience with Lane Furniture?

Comments

Your primary error was failure to establish a legally verifiable paper trail regarding this incident.

I can't quite ascertain how many "calls" you made but since it's plural you should have realized that you weren't getting anywhere that way.

You must furnish a written letter of complaint directly to the company.

It must be sent via Certified Mail return receipt requested.

State date and place of purchase, price paid, nature of issue, remedies (if any) attempted at this point.

Be polite, be factual. Then state what remedy you desire as satisfaction. State that you will permit (10) days for a response before additional action is taken.

You will not get a full cash refund. You may get a replacement chair or a gratis service call.

Maybe a partial rebate.

But don't throw it in the dumpster ; there's just a minor mechanical or structural failure easily repaired by someone even reasonably competent.If you'd outlined the problem, I could likely diagnose it quickly.