My Lane recliner came with a Lifetime Limited Warranty on the "black metal parts of the reclining mechanism." The mechanism is "warranted to be free of defect in materials and workmanship as long as you, the original consumer, own the furniture."
Now, one of the black metal parts in the mechanism has snapped in half, and Lane won't make good. They're claiming that the warranty is invalid because they went through bankruptcy proceedings a few years ago, and Heritage Home Group owns the company.
I have no way to know if what they're telling me is true. I only know they sold this chair with a lifetime warranty, and now they're refusing to honor it. Watch out for any brand sold by Heritage Home Group. They're liars and cheats.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "I live at The Enclave at Highland Horizon in Austin, Texas. I arrived home from work yesterday to find that construction workers had removed the temporary fencing put in place..."
- "My mother has been putting money away for a new television for almost a year now. She is finally ready to purchase and asked me for some assistance. I found..."
- "I did not sign up for monthly shipments, I distinctly remember un-checking the box, but they sent me a 2nd "introductory kit" and set up auto-billing for $54.94 a month..."