Update added by user Aug 30
Reply was that it is outside of warranty period of one year.Now it is my problem.
Complete loss as the furniture looks horrible and is only 4 years old. It cost me $4000. for this crappy furniture and I was lied to when purchasing. This is not durable at all.
Complete garbage and I believe there are many others who were also duped. Post pictures for all to see so nobody else has to go through this mess. And companies wonder why they go bankrupt and out of business. This is shameful and I will make sure everyone knows not to buy any Lane or its parent company's junk.
They think couches are only suppose to last one year, and then you are on your own. I would have never ordered the 'leather' if I had been told that it is not durable and will peel apart from little use. One of the couches is seldom even used, and it too is falling apart. This is completely shameful and quite honestly, I feel like I was offered and sold inferior quality and the store and manufacturer knew at the time was bad.
They all lied and knew that this material was junk...it looks good for a few months, and then the problems start-by that time you are out of warranty and they could care less. Really, they said it was my problem because I did not report any issue in the first 12 months??? Couches are not considered throw away items after a year or two...they are suppose to last many years and not crumble apart from normal use. I encourage all to post and let their friends know to complain also.
Maybe a class action law suit is what is warranted in this matter.This is simply theft by deception.
Original review posted by user Aug 29
Purchased two full size couches with recliners built in and matching recliner which were special ordered in 'leather'.I ordered two full size couches as my living room is large and this fit better.
I just made the last payment on the furniture, which is peeling apart and looks horrible. The 'leather' is actually some kind of bonded leather, which is absolute junk. The furniture which is 4 years old looks like it was left outside for years. The material just falls off and sticks to you when sitting in the furniture.
This is outrageous, and not what was represented by the seller. They also sold me a worthless warranty that does not cover this, even though I was told it covered everything. This material is falling apart in sheets, and there are thousands of people just like us. We paid over $4000.00 for this junk that I must now replace after four years.
That is $1000./year? This is crazy, and I want to start a class action law suit for all of those that are affected. I will be hosting a website soon with a blog for all to post pictures and their story for all to see. This is shameful and the manufacturer should be held responsible to fix this.
Do an web search- similar lawsuits from this 'bonded leather' issue from other manufacturers have been brought, along with stories by various local news outlets trying to help the consumers in this exact situation.
The standard answer is that this did not occur within the 1 year warranty period. This is outrageous that Lane does not stand behind their product. Do they really think anyone would spend this kind of money if they knew that the couch materials would literally fall apart inside of 5 years??
This was suppose to be durable leather, it is neither, and I feel ripped off that I have to pay to replace furniture that is only 4 years old and in excellent shape other than the faux leather falling apart. I encourage everyone affected by this to get the word out-we have all been cheated.
Post pics and tell everyone you know that Lane does not stand behind nor build good furniture.I would have been better off buying no name furniture at a wholesale club.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- 2 lane recliners
- Style of furniture
- I purchased the item because i felt it was a reputable company
What I disliked
- Poor quality inferior product
- Company lack of comittment
- Reply to my problem
- Poor quality inferior material used
- Quality of furniture poor quality inferior material used
You May Also Like
- "I order two Lane Benson faux leather loveseats, through Sofas & Sectionals in October 2013. Have taken exceptional care of these items. Followed the cleaning instructions as provided in the..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "Why do I see a can that has 9/11 very disrespectful content. 2 towers and an airplane and on of towers has a star snowflake on the tower where a..."
- "Had my generator serviced as per the contract by the installer in Feb. March snowstorm here i Rochester NY and the engine is done. It bent pushrods and BROKE the..."
- "This company is by far the most un-professional, rude, disrespectful, and un-trustworthy company I have ever dealt with. This company claims to have high quality cell phone repair/ replacement parts...."
- "Shipping is in the time. If there is some problem with a product then they will help you to resolve it (replys to your message at 24 hours). You can..."
- "Benton Nissan of Hoover is a horrible, and corrupt dealership!!! On 10/15/2016 (sat) I saw an ad regarding their versa 2016 for $9,995, and within 15-30min the red flags were quickly..."
- "My local HEB every time i buy fruit it has a day or 2 shelf life other than bananas. This past Sunday I went grocery shopping purchased some steak meat...."