1.5
Style and Design

Update by user Aug 30, 2016

Reply was that it is outside of warranty period of one year.Now it is my problem.

Complete loss as the furniture looks horrible and is only 4 years old. It cost me $4000. for this crappy furniture and I was lied to when purchasing. This is not durable at all.

Complete garbage and I believe there are many others who were also duped. Post pictures for all to see so nobody else has to go through this mess. And companies wonder why they go bankrupt and out of business. This is shameful and I will make sure everyone knows not to buy any Lane or its parent company's junk.

They think couches are only suppose to last one year, and then you are on your own. I would have never ordered the 'leather' if I had been told that it is not durable and will peel apart from little use. One of the couches is seldom even used, and it too is falling apart. This is completely shameful and quite honestly, I feel like I was offered and sold inferior quality and the store and manufacturer knew at the time was bad.

They all lied and knew that this material was junk...it looks good for a few months, and then the problems start-by that time you are out of warranty and they could care less. Really, they said it was my problem because I did not report any issue in the first 12 months??? Couches are not considered throw away items after a year or two...they are suppose to last many years and not crumble apart from normal use. I encourage all to post and let their friends know to complain also.

Maybe a class action law suit is what is warranted in this matter.This is simply theft by deception.

Original review posted by user Aug 29, 2016

Purchased two full size couches with recliners built in and matching recliner which were special ordered in 'leather'.I ordered two full size couches as my living room is large and this fit better.

I just made the last payment on the furniture, which is peeling apart and looks horrible. The 'leather' is actually some kind of bonded leather, which is absolute junk. The furniture which is 4 years old looks like it was left outside for years. The material just falls off and sticks to you when sitting in the furniture.

This is outrageous, and not what was represented by the seller. They also sold me a worthless warranty that does not cover this, even though I was told it covered everything. This material is falling apart in sheets, and there are thousands of people just like us. We paid over $4000.00 for this junk that I must now replace after four years.

That is $1000./year? This is crazy, and I want to start a class action law suit for all of those that are affected. I will be hosting a website soon with a blog for all to post pictures and their story for all to see. This is shameful and the manufacturer should be held responsible to fix this.

Do an web search- similar lawsuits from this 'bonded leather' issue from other manufacturers have been brought, along with stories by various local news outlets trying to help the consumers in this exact situation.

The standard answer is that this did not occur within the 1 year warranty period. This is outrageous that Lane does not stand behind their product. Do they really think anyone would spend this kind of money if they knew that the couch materials would literally fall apart inside of 5 years??

This was suppose to be durable leather, it is neither, and I feel ripped off that I have to pay to replace furniture that is only 4 years old and in excellent shape other than the faux leather falling apart. I encourage everyone affected by this to get the word out-we have all been cheated.

Post pics and tell everyone you know that Lane does not stand behind nor build good furniture.I would have been better off buying no name furniture at a wholesale club.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $4000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Lane Furniture and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about lane furniture sofa from Lane Furniture was durability, poor quality inferior product and company lack of comittment , but reviewer liked 2 lane recliners. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lane Furniture.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Lane Furniture to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Lane Furniture?

Comments

Detroit, Michigan, United States #1214261

I have ran into the same problems....and they will not do anything about it..ive worked sooo hard for this and then to be lied to and disrespected is a shame...