1.3
Style and Design

Update by user Aug 16

When you go to their website, its about impossible to find a contact email and when you finally do find customer service, your limited to 500 characters and email never sends, constant sending message over 30 minutes now resent and same thing!

Original review posted by user Aug 16

I purchased a large man chair with brown leather (Lane Furniture) from the Leader Store in Greenville CT. One reason I purchased this chair was it was advertised as having a 500 lb rating.

Within weeks of the purchase, the chair was making noise when rocking then would not rock at all and when extending the legs felt lopsided. When moving the chair I found a broken bolt and spring on the floor. Looking around I found that the mechanism that attaches to the center rod which rotates when the leg rest extended was broken. I contacted the Leader store and they came out and ordered an entirely new base.

They installed the base. Within 1 month, the bolt broke again. This time when looking under the chair I noticed the left arm was broken. I called the Leader store and they tried to order a new arm.

The arm came in and they brought it over and installed it. It was noticed the color was slightly off but since the model was not manufactured any more that is what I lived with. Two months later the bolt broke again and it was noticed the leather on the back and seat was creasing. I delivered the chair back to Leader to repair the leather and put a base that they took from another chair to replace the broken one.

After weeks of not having a chair, I finally picked it up. Not more than a month later the bolt broke yet again. This time I fixed it myself with a higher tensile strength bolt vice the weak bolt used in your manufacturing process was breaking. This weak bold surprised me as the chair was rated for 500 lbs and I am not even close and it is snapping.

I would highly recommend reviewing your QA and material process. Now after my warranty is gone which I found out there is no warranty because the store sells the display models. I find the replacement arm is peeling, Imagine my surprise when I realized that it was fake leather and not real as the rest of the chair.

Needless to say I am extremely disappointed in your product and will not purchase your brand ever again. Which will soon be occupying space in a dumpster.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Poor quality inferior material used, Poor quality.

Comments