Selected a floor model and paid up front almost $1000 to Holman Furniture -Grand Junction, CO for two Lane recliners first of Novemer 09...was told it would take six weeks for delivery. I was okay with this, and was able to sell "old furniture" as we were moving anyway. Called store 12/20/09 and was told they were to be shipped 12/23/09, and delivery would be made after first of year.

Since we heard nothing more...called the store 12/4/09, wanting to know when delivery could be expected. This is when we began to get the "BS" story. First, they would have to call us back...never did. Called again later in day...said there seemed to be a problem, and they would call back...never did. Called again, and was told that the Lane Rep would call us direct.

After several hours, Lane Rep did call and said,"We have an internal problem...the chairs you ordered cannot be manufactured". At this point, I admit I wasn't very plesant to talk to, and asked why it took two months to figure that out. He simply said that it was his "fault" and that he was "sorry". Told him I can't sit on "sorry".

How can they not manufacture chairs that they advertise and have display on hand? Good question, I guess.

He suggested that I go back to the store and pick something else! You must be kidding me...not exactly the language I used, but you get the point. I called the store and demanded my money back immediately, as they got paid two month ago.

Review about: Lane Furniture Recliner.

Had an Experience with Lane Furniture?

Comments

Note: Second paragraph...meant to say called store 1/4/2010 (not 12/4/09). Sorry!